We’re back in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club Lab on December 4th! Full details to be released shortly, but in the meantime, reserve your tickets here!
We’re freely discuss the free market, and questions like:
* How much socialism is too much?
* Is capitalism unfair or are people unfair to it?
* Is paying $5 for a ticket to this show a fair trade? (Yes).
Featuring a generous supply of comedians back by popular demand:
* Helen Hong, seen on Last Call with Carson Daly and Starz’s Blunt Talk!
* Mitch Burrow, of Bob & Tom Radio and Laughs on Fox!
And two experts to keep us honest:
* Elham Saeidinezhad, Economist of the Milken Institute!
* Kevan Harris, Assistant Sociology professor at UCLA and author of “A Social Revolution: Politics and the Welfare State in Iran”!
Hosted by Toby Muresianu and guest host Sameer Suri!
We’re returning to Hollywood on the back of hurricane-force winds to answer pressing questions on climate change!
Is global warming happening? Or it the political atmosphere just getting more heated?
Should we change our behavior, or just make margaritas?
Can we agree on a climate agreement?
We have a Category 5 lineup, including:
Jon Christensen of the UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability and author of ‘Bending the Curve’: Can We Flat-Line Global Warming by 2050?”
Dr. Willie Soon of the Harvard-Smithsonian Astrophysics Center and author of Climate Change Reconsidered II!
Lori Weiss, comedian who has worked for both E! and the EPA!
Bryan Dey, comedian who’s performed at the Laugh Factory, Comedy Store, and comedy clubs all over the country!
So we might be blown up by nuclear weapons – or will we?
It’s the hot gossip everyone’s talking about these days.
We’re returning to the city that never sleeps (especially under nuclear threat) with a special matinee show you can fit comfortably between brunch-drinking and night drinking: 3-5pm at the Kraine Theater in the Lower East Side.
Best of all, it’s free! Make your reservations here.
We’re back in LA to talk about a topic that’s always hush hush – surveillance!
* Do intelligence agencies conduct too much domestic surveillance – and do we need to keep an eye on them?
* Why are they leaking – and is it spy vs. spy?
* Do they keep us safe – or is that just what they want you to think, man?
Featuring a fantastic cast who’s willing to wind up on a watch list:
* Professor James Harrigan, former dean of the American University of Iraq-Sulaimani who’s written for the Wall Street Journal, U.S. News and World Report, and more.
* Comedian and former NSA employee Bryan Vokey!
* Comedian Sammy Obeid – seen on Conan, America’s Got Talent and more!
We’re back to cover arguably the world’s largest Unsafe Space — Russia!
Are they up to no good? Or just misunderstood?
Is the Cold War heating up again?
Are they the boogeyman, or are we just treating them like one?
We get down to business at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club Lab with a panel of comedians and experts who may or may not be Russian agents.
Kira Soltanovich (former Tonight Show correspondent, Showtime special)
Peter Savodnik, founder of Stateless Media, who’s written for the
Washington Post, Time, and the New Yorker.
Sofiya Alexandra (Comedy Central’s This is Not Happening, one of
Playboy’s 50 Funniest Women On Twitter)
Benjamin Graham, USC professor of international relations and co-founder of their Security and Political Economy lab!
Tickets are just $5 with no drink minimum (as un-Russian as that is). Get yours now!
Brought to you as always by We The Internet TV.
The election will be over. The hangovers will be fading (maybe). But where do we go from here? Will our wounds heal? What countries should we consider moving to? What tires make the best barricades?
Unsafe Space seeks to answer these questions and more with standup from great comics, discussion with accomplished experts, and your very own questions.
As a special bonus – and to help the healing begin – we’re waiving ticket prices so it is FREE for everyone!
The lineup features comedians:
Helen Hong from Inside Amy Schumer and Last Call with Carson Daly!
Thai Rivera from Fusion’s Roast of America!
Caroline Heldman, Occidental College Political Science professor and author of “Rethinking Madame President: Are We Ready for a Woman in the White House?”
UCLA’s John Ray, former analyst for the DNC!
And hosted by Toby Muresianu and Lou Perez of We the Internet TV!
The word of the day is wealth redistribution. Well, that’s two words, but the questions remain, such as:
Should we raise the wage or lower the class rage?
Welfare state: good idea or bad university name?
Blame the billionaire class or celebrate classy billionaires?
Coming to the rescue is our latest show, featuring two great guest comedians:
* Betsy Salkind, who’s appeared on the Tonight Show and Comedy Central and is also a former Federal Reserve Bank Examiner.
* Keith Carey, a fixture at the Comedy Store, host of the Mean Boys Podcast, and winner of three SoCal comedy competitions.
Plus two great experts from very different areas:
* James McKeever, the Chair of Sociology and Philosophy at Pierce College. In addition to teaching, he has worked with the Los Angeles County Probation Department on designing prevention and intervention programs for detained youth.
* Andrei Muresianu, director of research at Capital Group, one of the world’s largest investment management organizations, as well as a former hedge fund manager and board member at Para Los Ninos educational nonprofit. He is also the brother of one of the co-hosts and has been selected through sheer nepotism.
Also joining us will be the most important part of the show – YOU, in the crowd, asking the big questions!
The facebook event is here if you want to be a doll and RSVP.
Tickets are $5 at the door. Parking is available east of the venue, Oh My Ribs Entertainment at 6468 Santa Monica Blvd in Hollywood.
This week, Unsafe Space returns to discuss a topic that’s sure to get us on a watch list: Islam!
With an incredible lineup, featuring:
Aron Kader of Comedy Central’s Axis of Evil Comedy tour!
Mitch Burrow, USMC veteran and regular on Bob & Tom radio!
Heina Dadabhoy, blogger for FreeThoughtBlogs.com!
Jihad Turk, President of Bayan Claremont Islamic Graduate School!
And as always, hosted by Lou Perez (YouTube’s Greg and Lou) and Toby Muresianu (Real Time with Bill Maher).
It’s in the center of Hollywood, at Oh My Ribs! Theater at 6468 Santa Monica Boulevard, so be sure to make the pilgrimage! Tickets are $5 at the door and there is street parking east of the venue. RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/778001718970950/ !
Didn’t get the political discussion everyone talks about for Thanksgiving? Or felt like the consensus on Donald Trump left something to be desired?
Never fear. We’re back this week with standup and discussion on the 2016 presidential election.
DR. RICHARD FOX, Political science professor and associate dean at Loyola Marymount University, and author of “Running From Office: Why Young Americans Are Turned Off to Politics” and “iPolitics: Citizens, Elections, and Governing in the New Media Era.”
JOEL SILBERMAN, Opinion writer for the LA Times, screenwriter, and staffer on the (successful) 2008 Obama presidential campaign.
Plus standup from:
ADAM YENSER, Emmy award-winning writer for Ellen and winner of the 2016 Politicon Political Comedian of the Year award.
KEVIN MUNROE, Winner of the San Jose Beat the Heat and San Francisco Walk the Plank Comedy Competitions.
And as always, hosted and with standup by Lou Perez (YouTube’s Greg and Lou) and Toby Muresianu (Real Time with Bill Maher).
$5 at the door. Street parking available east of the venue. Absentee ballots not accepted.
There’s also a out the facebook event for your convenience and RSVP-ing pleasure.