We’re back in LA to talk about a topic that’s always hush hush – surveillance!
* Do intelligence agencies conduct too much domestic surveillance – and do we need to keep an eye on them?
* Why are they leaking – and is it spy vs. spy?
* Do they keep us safe – or is that just what they want you to think, man?
Featuring a fantastic cast who’s willing to wind up on a watch list:
* Professor James Harrigan, former dean of the American University of Iraq-Sulaimani who’s written for the Wall Street Journal, U.S. News and World Report, and more.
* Comedian and former NSA employee Bryan Vokey!
* Comedian Sammy Obeid – seen on Conan, America’s Got Talent and more!
Tickets are just $5 online, so get yours today!
We return to NYC to tackle incarceration with vocal advocate for police Heather Mac Donald of the Manhattan Institute, libertarian and founder of Renegade University Thaddeus Russell, former criminal and comedian Petey DeAbreau, and former prosecutor and comedian JL Cauvin. What do you think? Go to our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/UnsafeSpaceShow) to discuss this episode!
Table of Contents:
1:08 Show begins.
2:54 Toby Muresianu Standup
7:35 JL Cauvin Standup
14:10 Petey DeAbreu Standup
22:32 What causes America’s high incarceration rates?
32:35 Why don’t other countries that prohibit the same things have similar rates of incarceration?
41:39 Is a racial conspiracy to blame for incarceration, a la Michelle Alexander’s “The New Jim Crow”?
43:53 What led you to crime?
45:58 What would the effect of legalizing drugs be on poor communities?
52:28 What was the experience of a prosecutor like?
59:20 Evidentiary requirements and the constitution.
1:06:20 Stop and Frisk.
1:14:30 Growing up in the hood.
1:18:51 Audience member: It’s not an honest discussion with out addressing racism.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Email | | More